Welcome to Swindon Open Studios website
We're busy preparing for our 2016 event on the 3/4 &10/11 September.
We have a fabulous 64 entries this year, with many new faces!!
We're also pleased to announce that the Made in Swindon Art Trail, a spin-off event to SOS and runs from 5th
June-3rd July. It showcases numerous artists in 16 locations across the
town. For more information, please click on the following link, and visit the page shown in the side bar;
We recently had an Original Artwork Lottery at the Arts Centre during Swindon Festival of Literature, thank you to all those who submitted an artwork.
The lottery draw was on Friday 13th May at 7.30pm at the Arts Centre, where possible we will deliver the artworks. Thank you so much to all those who took part, 400 tickets were sold and we raised £700. Profits of £600 will go to Prospect.
We delivered the cheque yesterday, here's the Swindon Advertiser article link:
Please have a look at the blog: www.swindonopenstudios.blogspot.com
for photos of the lottery unveiling etc
These are the results:
Original Artwork Lottery Results
1. “Ebb Tide” by Vanetta Joffe – Liza Dibble
2. “Red Poppy” by Val Gibbons –Kauser Mc Callum
3. “Night & Day” by Tim Carroll – Phil Leslie
4. “Untitled” by Teresa Davey - Mike Bowden
5. “Pembrokeshire Coastline” by Kathy Jordan – Ben Staite collected
6. “Starburst” by Christine Tipper – Katie Ackrill
7. “Untitled” by Ray Ward – Linda Loveday
8. “Leaves, Old Town Gardens” by Caroline Day – Benoit Philippe
9. “Dartmoor” by Rachel Pryor- Heather Redington
10. “Wiltshire Landscape” by Olivia Frost – Kauser McCallum
11. “Norfolk Bay” by John Maskalaniec – Carole New
12. “Sapperton Tunnel, Daneway” by Sonia Leggett – Clare Flanagan
13. “Fishes No 1” by Rachel Pryor – Jack Bryniarski
14. “Swindon Past & Present” by Val Gibbons – Kathy Geddes collected
15. “Swindon Bookcase” by Susan Carr – Robert Clark
16. “Yorkshire Dales” by Naomi Cantillon – Gwyneth Weir
17. “Bath Road, Swindon Old Town” by Terry Humphries – Jenny Hughes
18. “Untitled” by Suzie Simmons – Teresa Davey
19. “Lilies” by Jane Milner-Barry – Susan Turner
20. “Fishes 2” by Rachel Pryor – Linda Kocur
21. “From Bath towards the M4” by Kathy Jordan – Matt Holland
22. “Untitled” by Ray Ward – Nicky Alberry
23. “Fun learning from children” by Kathy Jordan – Mary Holder
24. “Landscape” by Sarah Lee – Josie Cowgill
25. “Bacchanale” by Tim Carroll –Lesley Gow
26. ‘Untitled’ by Carmen B Norris – Louise Pevred
27. “Etching & Watercolour” by Deb Battaglia – Rhian Morris
28. “Fishes No 3” by Rachel Pryor – Rosemary Curtis
29. “Summer Afternoon, Coleshill” by Susan Carr – Rohini Phalke
30. “Revealed from Beneath” by Sally Taylor – John Needle
31. “Untitled” by M. P. Leslie – Ela Bryniarski
32. “Untitled” by Lisa Lane – Maggie Maguire
33. “Untitled” by Eileen Cooper – Maggie Brunger
34. “Rose” by Sue Pready – Jack Bryniarski
35. “Green Cat” by Mollie Gratland – Annie Vickers
36. ‘Birds’ by Vicky Silver – Paula Sullivan
37. “Night Owl” by Steve Gilmore – David Dolding
38. “Ballet Lessons” by John Maskalaniec – Rosa Hirsch-Holland
39. “Dark Wall” by David Bent – Bill Battaglia
40. “Sudoku” by Vanetta Joffe – Susan Turner
Have a look at our Facebook page, Facebook group, and follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.co.uk@swindonopen
Last year we had about 10 articles featuring artists taking part in Swindon Open Studios in the Swindon Advertiser, you can see them if you click on '2015 Adver publicity'.
What have people said about SOS 2015?
'The Studio Users at Artsite would like to thank Swindon Open Studios for organising yet another successful year of this event. For some of our Artists, this was a first time experience and they they found it both exciting and inspiring. The footfall was higher than usual and several sales were made over both weekends. We fully appreciate the sweat, blood and tears that go into organising so many different artists. . So congratulations. Getting better every year.'
'We had a fantastic Open Studios this year, with both weekends bringing lots of lovely visitors out to Stanton, it was quite sad clearing the farmhouse yesterday, but all our members enthused by the amazing comments we received are now busy planning/making for Christmas! We will be back at Stanton 28/29 Nov & 5/6 Dec.'
'Thanks to everyone who came mine and Sophie Corrigan s exhibition at the Beehive and also to Artsite, both weekends went really well, looking forward to next years. We are having a few drinks at the Beehive Friday night if anyone wants to join us, Dave ( Sophie's husband) and my housemate Jon are going to be playing there with kid calico and the astral ponies'
Ken White said:
'good weekend 165 people called in, was like a London art exhibition'.
'Hope everyone had a great second weekend of open studios. For me it was my sole weekend and first time with SOS. Really enjoyed it and met some utterly delightful people'.
"SOS has been a fantastic platform for showcasing my artwork, and has provided me with a yearly goal to produce affordable art that I can be proud of!"
You can see it on the Brochure 2015 page.
Why not check out our video? It was made by Nicky Ann Walker and is a real bonus to our advertising.
We've also got a Swindon Open Studios Facebook page. Why not become a friend?
Why not add to the Blog?
Please email us with any news you have of your forthcoming exhibitions, trips, completed work etc. An image and some text is all that is needed.